Do you love strategizing about the meaning of numbers? Are you interested in what the numbers say about people’s psychological mindsets, underlying values and beliefs? Do you have a Ph.D. in Psychometrics, Quantitative Psychology, or a related field? Do you naturally draw strategic branding and positioning implications as soon as you see the facts? Can you draw people using numbers, bringing to life their psychology? If so, we want to hear from you!
Insight Strategy Group is a research-driven strategy firm that inspires its clients to build innovative and impactful experiences for consumers. Insight’s business savvy team of social scientists melds quantitative muscle with qualitative finesse to meet its client’s strategic challenges (client list includes: BBC, Crayola, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Payless to name just a few). Insight gets to the deeper truth of what drives people and their relationships to brands and opens possibilities for growth.
We are currently seeking to hire a Quantitative Apprentice to play a key part in our quantitative department.
The role of the quantitative Apprentice is to:
- Independently design sample plans and in-survey experiments, and consult in survey writing
- Research and implement new analysis techniques
- Conduct quantitative analysis by using statistical software such as SPSS, Wincross, etc.
- Oversee the Transformation of raw data into tables and banners
- Oversee the management of field houses who conduct the quantitative fielding
- Analyze and interpret the statistical findings identifying psychological constructs that impact behavior
- Assist project managers in the design of surveys
The candidate must be comfortable with and have experience conducting such statistical analysis as:
• Segmentation/Cluster Analysis/ Factor Analysis
• Structural Equation Modeling
The ideal candidate should be a thought leader with a solid background in statistics and psychology. They should be comfortable conducting statistical analysis and also identifying meaningful patterns in the results. While the data they work with is statistical, the content is psychological focusing on underlying motives in consumer behavior.
The candidate should be a team player who is comfortable working with researchers and providing them with the statistical support they seek.
At least 2-5 years experience at a market research firm or in a market research capacity at the client side is required. Experience in attitudinal psychographic research is preferred. A Ph.D. in Psychometrics, Quantitative Psychology, Social Psychology with an emphasis on Statistical Methods, or related field is preferred.
No relocation. Candidates from NY/NJ/CT only please.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org