Are you constantly analyzing people and their behavior? Do you walk around this world trying to figure out why people are doing what they are doing? Do you constantly interpret people’s motives in a way that’s different from what they themselves are communicating?
Do you want to work with exciting, innovative brands like Comedy Central, MTV, Kellogg’s, Bravo, Discovery, Rock & Republic, and Lonely Planet?
Do you want a fast paced intellectually challenging work environment, someplace very dynamic where you need to actively juggle and think and do new things all the time?
Do you want to travel the country talking to people about everything from reality TV to breakfast cereal, and everything in between?
Maybe Insight Strategy Group is the place for you. If so, we’d like to talk. Here’s a little about us and what we are looking for.
Insight Strategy Group is a research-driven strategy firm that inspires its clients to build innovative and impactful experiences for consumers. Insight’s business savvy team of social scientists melds quantitative muscle with qualitative finesse to meet its client’s strategic challenges. Insight gets to the deeper truth of what drives people and their relationships to brands and opens possibilities for growth.
Insight seeks entry level individuals with social science and marketing backgrounds who demonstrate promise in research (e.g., academic and/or some work experience) to join us as a market research associate or apprentice.
We offer an opportunity to gain valuable applied qualitative and quantitative research experience. The researcher will:
• Assist in conducting qualitative and quantitative research
• Design and develop research instruments (surveys, qualitative guidelines, etc) and prepare research materials
• Communicate, coordinate, and develop relationships with qualitative research partners
• Contribute to the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data in both a team setting and independently
• Interpret the underlying psychological factors impacting people's behavior.
Be a voice in team brainstorming and an idea contributor
• Participate in the development of strategy
The ideal candidate should:
• Have some experience working conducting research (Associates should have 2+ years)
• Be enthusiastic and high energy with highly developed social skills
• Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
• Have some knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research
• Have clear written and oral communication skills
• Be a creative, analytic thinker
• Have the desire and willingness to work as part of a team
• Be a proactive problem solver
• Be familiar with MS word and PowerPoint
• Have a graduate degree (preferred); will consider grad students who have capacity for full time work
WHEN DO WE START?
The associate position is a full-time position and would start immediately. Candidates are qualified for this position based on previous experience.
The full-time apprenticeship will start immediately and extend for three to six months, depending on education and prior experience, with potential for future employment. Our goal in the apprenticeship program is to identify qualified candidates who can join the team permanently. A stipend and benefits will be provided.
We work downtown New York in Tribeca, in a beautiful loft space with a casual culturally relaxed, creative, and intellectually stimulating work environment.
SO WHAT DO I DO?
If this feels right, please send a resume and an email of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!