HERE’S A RIDDLE FOR YOU: What’s more fun than having fun with kids, testing new toys, exploring their favorite TV and movie characters, and learning about the future of playtime? If you answered, “meh, that actually sounds kind of boring,” you can stop reading here. But if you answered, “Nothing else – that’s what I wish I could do all day!” then we’d like to talk with you! Perhaps Insight Strategy Group is the place for you and your wildly smart imagination.
We’re looking for someone who won’t flinch at getting down on the play mat and connecting with kids at their level. And then, more importantly, standing up, taking a step back, and reflecting on what their play patterns and preferences could mean to those creating content, products, and business strategies for them.
Our fast paced, intellectually challenging, and dynamic work environment will require that you actively juggle, think, and do new things all the time. We’re looking for someone who’s up for the challenge of doing it all while being a positive, upbeat, and creative voice within our team.
Insight Kids is a research and strategy firm that inspires its clients to build innovative and impactful experiences for kids and families. We work with some of the coolest and most innovative brands in the kids’ business, including Nickelodeon, Crayola, and DreamWorks. Our work shapes their brands, marketing and communications strategies, and products.
The Apprentice is a trainee, stipend-paid position that comes with health benefits. It is a 6 month duration, with the possibility of being hired full-time at the end. This position is good for someone right out of school or a career changer who wants to try/learn applied research. Interest in doing work for kids is a must.
We’d like someone with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Child Development, Developmental Psych, Educational Media, Branding/Marketing, or a related field
• Great writer and thinker, very detail oriented, good communicator
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We offer an opportunity to learn valuable applied qualitative and quantitative research experience. The Apprentice will:
• Assist in conducting qualitative and quantitative research with kids, teens, and parents
• Design and develop research instruments (surveys, qualitative guidelines, etc.) and prepare research materials
• Communicate, coordinate, and develop relationships with qualitative research partners
• Contribute to quantitative and qualitative analysis in a team setting
• Interpret the underlying psychological factors impacting people's behavior
• Be a voice in team brainstorming and an idea contributor
If this feels right, please send a resume and an email of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your letter to show us how well you write and communicate!
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.