HERE’S A RIDDLE FOR YOU: What’s more fun than having fun with kids, testing new toys, exploring their favorite TV and movie characters, and learning about the future of playtime? If you answered, “meh, that actually sounds kind of boring,” you can stop reading here. But if you answered, “Nothing else – that’s what I wish I could do all day!” then we’d like to talk with you! Perhaps Insight Strategy Group is the place for you and your wildly smart imagination.
We’re looking for someone who won’t flinch at getting down on the play mat and connecting with kids at their level. And then, more importantly, standing up, taking a step back, and reflecting on what their play patterns and preferences could mean to those creating content, products, and business strategies for them.
Our fast paced, intellectually challenging, and dynamic work environment will require that you actively juggle, think, and do new things all the time. We’re looking for someone who’s up for the challenge of doing it all while being a positive, upbeat, and creative voice within our team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Insight Strategy Group (www.insightstrategygroup.com) is a research-driven strategy firm that inspires its clients to build innovative and impactful experiences for consumers. We work with leading brands in exciting industries, melding quantitative muscle with qualitative finesse to meet clients’ strategic objectives – growing brands, innovating products, and designing compelling consumer experiences. Our approach gets to the deeper truth of what drives people and their relationships to brands in order to open up inspiring possibilities for our clients’ growth.
Insight seeks individuals who demonstrate the potential to become highly skilled researchers and strategists, with particular propensity for decoding people’s underlying psychological and social motives in arriving at the truth. The responsibilities of the Kids Analyst are to:
- Be an idea contributor and an active voice in team brainstorming
- Help translate brand, marketing, and business objectives into qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Develop research instruments and thoughtful, clever approaches to data analysis
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
- Gain a robust, textured understanding of who consumers are and how they connect to our clients’ businesses through a variety of research methods
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights and implications for client’s business
- Be a nimble thinker who can balance both big picture and tactical ideas
- Write reports that communicate key insights and strategic recommendations in a clear, creative, and compelling manner
- Charismatically present findings and recommendations to clients
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a graduate degree in Child Development, Developmental Psych, Educational Media, Branding/Marketing, or a related field social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology)
- Have 2-3 years of experience in market research, or in a brand/marketing consulting role that involves hands-on primary research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
- Have experience in one or more of the following industries: retail, consumer goods, food and beverage, travel and hospitality
- Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
- Be a creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Have the desire and willingness to work as part of a team
- Be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities
- Be enthusiastic and high energy
- Be willing to travel periodically in the US and internationally
Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org